Vistas de página en total

miércoles, 20 de junio de 2012

LUTO ENTRE AFICIONADOS DE SCIENCE FICTION

Ardath Mayhar has passed away
Joe Lansdale is reporting that Ardath Mayhar has passed away. For those of you unfamiliar with her, she was the reigning empress of Texas SF writers. She was named SFWA Author Emeritus in 2008, one of the first media releases I wrote as SFWA publicity chair, and one of my happiest. I met her many years ago, so long ago, in fact, I can't really remember a time when I didn't know her. My first SF convention, Aggiecon 20, is the likely date. She was a fixture at many Aggiecons way back when, the gracious grandmother figure with knitting needles stuck through her bun of hair. To everyone in Texas science fiction circles, Ardath seemed eternal.




Aviso de Norma Lazo. La escritora Ardath Mayhar nació en 1920 y murió el 1º de febrero. En la foto, con Neal Barrett, jr.

No hay comentarios: